Friday, July 31, 2015

Book Tour: Widow's Rule by Alaina Stanford



Author Bio
I have one of those brains that won't turn off at night. Many nights I would distract my intellect by revamping a movie, book or TV show in my mind. I would twist and turn the plots and characters to achieve the ending I preferred. That developed into side stories about my favorite minor characters. Each night I fell asleep in the middle of a grand adventure. It wasn't long before I began to create stories of my own and put pen to paper.

I love a good adventure. I love a good romance. As the mother of seven children, I also learned to love to play video games. One day it occurred to me to write an adventure that flowed like a video game and I added a touch of romance. Thus, Hypnotic Journey was born. The HJ characters are like a family to me. They are foolish, daring, resourceful, passionate and dedicated to their friends.
My love for Science Fiction gave birth to the Treborel Series. It’s a paranormal Sci-Fi romance featuring a psychotic villain and a multiple layer
of hero's fighting to survive the chaos.
I write about how friendship and love can carry you through situations that you might not otherwise survive. You will find my stories exciting and steamy, but I am not an erotic writer. My stories fade to dark when the steam begins to rise, but take it from me, the steam does rise and emotions do soar.

Links to social media sites for the author


Seven months pregnant with three small children and a new job was difficult for most women even with a spouse at their side. Whitney was alone, but she was strong. She would not be broken. When her boys ask to take karate lessons like their friends, Whitney shifts her budget to accommodate them. It sounded like a good outlet for their emotions and energy. The one thing she didn’t plan on was her attraction to the soft spoken, muscular karate instructor. Whitney wasn’t looking for love, romance or a lover, especially someone so masculine, so outgoing, so handsome, so sexy as Heath Dixon.
Instead, Whitney concentrates on work and her children. A new client, Veronica Nelson, an elderly woman with a sweet smile hires Whitney as her corporate attorney. Whitney discovers Veronica has an intellectual property rights claim against a lucrative corporation that owes her millions of dollars. Veronica client refuses to go to the police. Instead, she asks Whitney to rewrite her Will.
Shortly thereafter Veronica dies mysteriously. Thus begins a chain of events that spiral quickly out of control. Whitney discovers there are some things she cannot face alone and finds herself turning to the only man who can protect her.





Whitney Lawson-
widow, contact attorney, 7 months pregnant, adopted mother of her sisters 3 children

My pick: Sally Field. Who better to play someone so frazzled!?!







Josh Taylor-
Whitney's boss, construction company CEO, married to Whitney's best friend Beth

My Pick: Dennis Quaid, mostly because I just love looking at him. ;)







Beth Taylor- self-help author, mother of twin boys, step mother to Josh's two children

My Pick: Gillian Anderson, she goes good with Dennis Quaid, right?









Veronica Stevenson- wealthy business owner, widow

My Pick: Claire Danes, she has the look of total power-house, don't you think?







Heath Dixon- owns a Karate studio, single, mild mannered, built like a Greek god.​

My Pick: Technically he isn't an acter. But I think we can all agree that Sakis Rouvas totally fits this description. 






July 30
July 30
July 31
July 31
Aug 1
Aug 1
Aug 2
Aug 2
Aug 3
Aug 3
Aug 4
Aug 4
Aug 5
Aug 5

No comments:

Post a Comment