Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Book Tour: Grace From the Fall by Mike Mabe




Mike Mabe is a young man ready to graduate from high school, but ends up in prison instead. Angry and confused, he wants a better life. 

Given a sentence of over a year, he must learn how to cope with prison while discovering that better life. With the aid of his family and some unlikely relationships, he begins to find that better life. 

Based on a true story, Mike fights the daily inward and outward battles to avoid prison becoming a permanent part of his future.












Check out this amazing Book Trailer!




Michael Mabe is no stranger to adversity. As a young man recently graduated from high school, he was arrested for crimes he committed in his youth. While his friends were making plans to attend college, he was sent to prison for a year and a half.

Thirteen years later, Michael has completely changed the direction of his life. He is married, has three kids, graduated from college with a 3.7 GPA, and has experienced success as a professional. Change did not come without significant challenges.


The author of the biographical fiction, entitled ‘Grace From The Fall,’ Michael encourages people to be something better than the day before.



Connect with the Author here: 



Top Ten List

1.    Love listening to comedians, especially Jim Gaffigan, Brian Regan, Michael McIntyre, and Ryan Hamilton.
2.    Decided to write Grace From The Fall after my last failed attempt to join the military, police force, and fire department. I had tried several times before in each area, but my criminal history always got in the way. A friend asked me what I was NOT doing because I had been chasing that career path for so long. The first thing that came to my mind was that I avoided telling my story. So I wrote it.
3.    I have been married for seven wonderful years. We have three kids.
4.    Running the Badwater Ultramarathon is on my bucket list.
5.    At the time I was incarcerated, the recidivism rate was over 90%. Several of the characters portrayed in the book either ended up dead or back in prison.
6.    My father wrote me a letter every day I was in prison.
7.    I have been to 35 of the States in America.
8.    I was a waiter at Red Robin for a few months. During that time, an X-Men movie came out. My supervisor required me to grow out facial hair and do my hair like Wolverine, because he thought I looked like Hugh Jackman.
9.    Went on a date to a restaurant, one time, where a bitter ex-girlfriend turned out to be our waitress. I was scared to eat my food.
10.  The furthest consecutive distance I have ever run is thirty miles.

Snippet #1
Butterflies. The common insect of choice to describe that pesky feeling of nervousness. Butterflies did not do it justice. It would be more accurate to say King Kong, that great ape, was pounding violently against the inner chambers of my stomach. 
Fourteen other guys were set for the race to begin. Numbers were secured to jerseys and mine was 12. 
I glanced down the line. If any of them felt anxious like me, their stony faces concealed it well. Not a single speck of anxiety flinted in their eyes, while my nervousness felt transparent. 
Without warning, the race official barked the next demand of the race: "On your mark.”
 The statement made my heart thump loudly in my chest. Blood coursed through my veins and into my eardrums. My legs shook slightly and my shoulders hunched over, feeling as though I had just hoisted a sandbag onto them.  
“Get set," the official continued.
 Everyone crouched into position. I could not seem to get my mind to focus on anything other than my innards being pounded to smithereens. I suppose that once hearty meal of eggs, ham, and toast was not so hearty after all.


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 



No comments:

Post a Comment